verykool™ strives to be a responsible corporate citizen. As a multi-national company with product sold in over 25 countries and on 5 continents, we feel a responsibility toward the communities where we operate, as well as a responsibility as a global corporate citizen.
With that in mind, the Company has taken many steps to improve its carbon footprint and minimize waste and other pollution including the following:
- Reduced packaging sizes – We have made a conscious effort over the recent past to reduce the size of our wireless handset packaging. Depending on the model and accessories involved, we have reduced packaging size from 25% to 40%. This not only reduces the amount of materials involved, but also enables us to ship greater volumes in each shipment which in turn reduces the carbon footprint of our business.
- On-line user manuals – We have further changed our packaging to eliminate “printed” user manuals. We now include only printed “quick product guides” and direct end users to our website where they may electronically download user manuals.
- Changes to plastic materials in production – Where possible, we use recycled plastic in our manufacturing process and at a minimum use plastic that can be recycled.
- Elimination of printed catalogs – For the most part, we have eliminated the use of paper catalogs for sales and marketing efforts. The majority of our catalogs and presentation materials are now electronic.
- Changes to shipping policies – In order to further reduce overall emissions and reduce costs, when possible we ship product from our manufacturing facilities through a combination of both air and sea.
- Energy savings in China R&D and manufacturing facilities– Our development team and production factories are located in China where air quality and consistency of electrical power is a concern. In order to do our part to improve air quality and reduce power consumption, our factories are shut down 2 days per week on average and thermostats in our development offices are adjusted to minimize the use of air conditioning in the summer and heat in the winter months.
- In all our locations, we encourage our employees to car pool or use public transportation where practicable.
We encourage end-users of our verykool products to recycle old products by bringing them to recycling centers. In the future, we are considering a recycling plan in which we will discount new phones if the consumer trades in an older product.